Course Description .
Building on your knowledge in the DISCAsiaPlus accreditation, the applied accreditation moves from the classroom to the marketplace where the rubber meets the road. The knowledge is now tested in the environment of the real world where success and failure determine our career future; servant or toxic leadership that either energises or disengages others; self-awareness versus self-deception as the foundation of our emotional intelligence; bringing out the best in others over against a climate of manipulating others to do our bidding as the way to generate commitment.
The applied course examines and reflects on the classroom discussions in order to understand the theories embedded in those practices so that both theory and practice can be more fully aligned, changed or improved according to our specific working environments. The course focuses on the individual, team and department levels for it to be effective. Applied topics at the individual level includes charting a personal action plan, managing emotions and emotional stability, job enrichment; at the team level includes team dynamics and integration; at the department level includes the application of the four-player dialogue model and process motivation theory integrated with DISCAsiaPlus.
This course focuses on the following approaches:
- What is going on? (the descriptive task)
- Why is this going on? (the interpretative task)
- What ought to be going on? (the normative task)
- How might we respond? (the pragmatic task)
Course Introduction .
An applied focus into the DISCAsiaPlus model, putting the knowledge to practical wisdom within an organisation setting.
- Explore the practical application of knowledge to increase my capability
- Gain real world experience that sharpens my thinking
- Apply and test theoretical knowledge to actual situations
- Generates greater commitment and buy-in when solutions are practical
- Increases productivity and communication through applied motivation process
- Learn how to reframe and query assumptions
- Personal Development Action Plan
Foundation of all development interventions!
- Employability security as the new paradigm
Alignment of employee’s skills, abilities, interests, and experiences through job enrichment!
- Managing emotions and emotional stability
A pivotal element for job performance!
- Team integration
Understanding how team performance is more than the sum of its parts!
- Solving The Mystery Of Motivation
Creating a motivating and empowering culture!
- Winning through Dialogue
Deepens the bond between management and employees!
- Human resource practitioners, Business executives,
- Project, Team and Group Leaders
- Managers and Directors
- Leaders / Business Owners / Entrepreneurs
- Consultants / Coaches / Counsellors
- Anyone seeking meaning and significance in their work and who works with people